Refeds

Subject Re: edu ID branding
From Alex Reid <alex.reid@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:47:12 +0800

At 11:09 PM 1/06/2010, Steven_Carmody@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Some of the current discussion seems focused around publishers and the use of Federated Identity. I'd like to think (make that dream...) that over the next several years the eduID brand might become associated with a broader set of services. The eduID logo might be an easy-to-identify clickable item on web pages offered by publishers. However, I'd like to think that five years from now that's only a (very?) small part of the eduID story. I see Robin's very helpful comments as consistent with this suggestion. Right now, there seems to be an explosion in a variety of shared services; we ought to be thinking about how that fits under the eduID brand/umbrella.

I'm pleased to report that this issue has been well and truly made in the face-face discussions that have taken place here and elsewhere. It's partly why I've been involved in the Working Group to date, to help ensure it is more widely applicable (because in Australia we are predominantly research-focused in our Federation to date).

Cheers, Alex.

T Alex Reid
Advisor, eResearch & Middleware
AARNet Pty Ltd
and
Honorary Professorial Fellow
School of Computer Science & Software Engineering
The University of Western Australia.
home address  71A Raymond Street, Yokine, WA, 6060
ph  +61 8 9345 0440
mobile  +61 40 888 5515
email  alex.reid@xxxxxxxxxx