Refeds

Subject Re: What is a domesticated application?
From Niels van Dijk <niels.vandijk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 16:11:53 +0200

Hi,

Internet2 (Comanage) and SURFnet (COIN) currently work along the lines
of this sheet of Heather Flanagan,  see:
http://www.internet2.edu/presentations/spring10/20100427-fedcollab-group.pdf

"
- The work of re-factoring applications to use the emergent identity
services infrastructure
- Begins with federated identity and authentication, use of directories;
gains a lot from group management for access control, etc
- Needs a fine grain set of authorization tools down the road
- Domesticated apps can receive IdM attributes via LDAP, SAML, X.509,
SQL, Kerberos PAC, and maybe all of the above
"

cheers,
Niels