Refeds

Subject edu ID branding
From "Mark Williams (JISC)" <m.williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:23:10 +0100

Hi all,

Clearly some constituencies have an issue with the EDU part of EDUID (or an edu specific part of any other solution we may look at). So how about an extendable brand?

for example (and i really just mean for example!)
FID + common logon
perhaps education sector would use eFID +common logo
maybe government sector could use FID +common logo
and in government only areas maybe GFID + common logo.

At the moment we seem to be coming at the branding issue with focus on the IdP community choosing what / which. Perhaps the choice should be left more up to the Service Provider - if a publisher determines that academic users are their primary constituency, they may chose to put EFID + common logo as priority placed login. If government is their target then maybe they use the login with out the bespoke education sector identification and avoid alienating users?

Just a thought

Mark

Mark Williams
JISC Collections