Refeds

Subject Re: use of eduPersonScopedAffiliation
From Thomas Lenggenhager <lenggenhager@xxxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:31:42 +0200

When I first heard it, I thought you encode courses into the left hand side as well. But you seem to respect the controlled vocabulary as required.

The problem I see with this statement in eduPerson:
This right-hand side syntax of eduPersonScopedAffiliation intentionally matches that used for the right-hand side values for eduPersonPrincipalName since both identify a security domain.

Do you really treat courses as individual security domains?

This I see as a very 'stretched' interpretation of the standard.

Thomas

Jacob-Steen Madsen wrote:
Asking a questing today at the refeds conference in rome I got the impression that we're using the attribute eduPersonScopedAffiliation .......... differently.

If you look at our definition and examples of eduPersonScopedAffiliation (https://www.wayf.dk/wayfweb/group_membership.html) and the definition at http://middleware.internet2.edu/eduperson/docs/internet2-mace-dir-eduperson-200806.html#eduPersonScopedAffiliation .

I wold like to ask you about your views on our use of eduPersonScopedAffiliation.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities