Refeds

Subject RE: publisher interface study
From <J.Paschoud@xxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:00:45 +0100

Noticeably, I don't think we've heard on this from the schools (pre-16)
sector  - in any country.  It would be good to get an opinion on
perceptions of "edu" from Becta or one of the regional consortia
providing networked services to UK schools.

As a school (primary, = ages 4 to 11) governor, we usually 'brand' what
we're doing to parents and children as "learning".  (Our local Director
of Education from the Council is fond of greeting classes of kids, on
her royal visits, with "What are we LEARNING today, children?".)

But it wouldn't be a difficult leap to the more-inclusive "edu".  This
has far fewer risks of embarrassing failure than adopting/inventing a
word of the Google genre.

Does "Edu" have any unfortunate (Nova-like) connotations, when used in
any other language-cultures?  It should work in all Latin-derived
languages.

John