Refeds

Subject RE: publisher interface study
From "Mark Williams \(JISC\)" <m.williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:35:03 +0100

I think that those of us who come from an HE background perceive Edu as
HE focused, but ironically in the UK, those from an FE background don't
think of it as HE specific because they don't come across it very much.
As far as FE is concerned I would say Edu has very little baggage.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicole HARRIS [mailto:n.harris@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 01 October 2009 09:30
To: 'refeds@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: [refeds] publisher interface study

Is that just because of domain usage in the US? In eduID I see edu as
merely being short for education without any other connotations and if
schools and colleges aren't educational institutions, then what else are
they?  The only other word I can think of is 'learning', and that of
course cuts out research etc.

Another route would be an entirely random word with no connotations,
but then you really do have the headache of 'selling' the brand and
giving it context and meaning. EduID does at least speak for itself to a
large extent.
Sent using BlackBerry