Refeds

Subject RE: dreamspark and agreements
From "Andrew Cormack" <Andrew.Cormack@xxxxxx>
Date Thu, 1 Oct 2009 07:57:17 +0100

Thanks for this - actually a really nice (rare!) example of where the
university *is* processing information on the basis of the student's
consent, rather than the university's necessity (unless exercising the
Dreamspark deal is part of the student's coursework, of course) :-)

Our UK federation agreement already includes a clause whereby each
member gives up its right to sue other members or the operator, but
again you have highlighted an interesting situation where this is
particularly necessary.

Best wishes

Andrew Cormack, Chief Regulatory Adviser
JANET(UK), Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Science and Innovation
Campus, Didcot, OX11 0SG, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1235 822302
Fax: +44 (0) 1235 822399

JANET, the UK's education and research network