Refeds

Subject RE: dreamspark and agreements
From "Andrew Cormack" <Andrew.Cormack@xxxxxx>
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:26:11 +0100

They did ask us to adjust one part of our federation agreement before
they would sign it: although it would have been nice to bind the *whole*
of Microsoft to EU privacy legislation they didn't seem to think they
could persuade people at their end...

So now it just binds them when they are acting as a federation member.
In fact, being able to quote "Microsoft were happy to sign it" has been
useful in persuading some other non-EU organisations that the membership
process isn't as scary as it might appear.

Cheers

Andrew Cormack, Chief Regulatory Adviser
JANET(UK), Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Science and Innovation
Campus, Didcot, OX11 0SG, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1235 822302
Fax: +44 (0) 1235 822399

JANET, the UK's education and research network