Refeds

Subject Re: dreamspark and agreements
From "Diego R. Lopez" <diego.lopez@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 00:16:38 +0200

Hi Noemi,

On 29 Sep 2009, at 16:18, Noemi Rodriguez wrote:
Here in Brazil, RNP (the Brazilian NREN) is running a pilot federation called CAFe. We are naturally interested in integrating into Dreamspark, and have been interacting with them for some weeks. However, federations don't show up in Dreamspark's WAYF, it points directly to final institutions. We were wondering what kind of procedure other federations have set up with Microsoft (to provide metadada through the federation) and what kind of agreements are being signed, if any, with these federations? (Microsoft has shown us a draft contract which would be signed between MS and universities) Could anyone could provide some info on that?

In what relates to metadata, we have a contact in MS Spain whom we informed about our metadata distribution point. As far as I can tell, they access it an appropriately update their systems. We have no idea how this is done, but it has smoothly
worked, in despite of some initial hiccups.

In what relates to agreements, the SIR ones are pretty much straightforward and the MS Spain representatives accepted our conditions of use (http://www.rediris.es/sir/docs/sp_conditions_use_1.0_20080220.pdf ) soon after
we connected DreamSpark to SIR.

Be goode,

Dr Diego R. Lopez

Red.es - RedIRIS