Refeds

Subject RE: publisher interface study
From "Andrew Cormack" <Andrew.Cormack@xxxxxx>
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:19:52 +0100

John
It may be that the use of JRS for eduroam in the UK was partly a wish to
include the JANET brand.

But there was also an issue that 'edu' is perceived, at least by the UK
audience, as referring solely to *Higher* Education and excluding
others. For something that covers the whole JANET community, 'edu'
doesn't work as a primary name.

So if eduID is selected as a brand, I wouldn't be at all surprised to
see the same sort of hybrid being used for that as the current "JANET
Roaming <eduroam logo>" that you'll see at
http://www.ja.net/services/authentication-and-authorisation/janet-roamin
g.html

:-(

Andrew Cormack, Chief Regulatory Adviser
JANET(UK), Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Science and Innovation
Campus, Didcot, OX11 0SG, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1235 822302
Fax: +44 (0) 1235 822399

JANET, the UK's education and research network

Roaming