Refeds

Subject Re: federated access to lexisnexis
From "Diego R. Lopez" <diego.lopez@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 00:07:59 +0200

On 15 Sep 2009, at 18:41, Peter Schober wrote:
We're currently being pressured to assign students and staff/faculty
to different IP-ranges during VPN access, so they can be told apart by
the service provider. I really think that communicating 'affiliation'
via IP-based access control is taking things too far when we want to
get rid of IP-based ACLs in the first place. What's next -- specific
private network (RFC 1918) IP-addresses to express entitlements?

Welcome to the we-can-do-anything-that-you-do-with-federatios-with-my- VPN-stuff
swamp, unfortunately not so small...

Anyway, time is on our side! (I've always been an optimist...)

Be goode,

Dr Diego R. Lopez

Red.es - RedIRIS
The Spanish NREN