Refeds

Subject federated access to lexisnexis
From Peter Schober <peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:41:37 +0200

Dear All,

Is anyone -- except the UK Federation -- currently offering federated
access to Lexis Nexis?

We're currently being pressured to assign students and staff/faculty
to different IP-ranges during VPN access, so they can be told apart by
the service provider. I really think that communicating 'affiliation'
via IP-based access control is taking things too far when we want to
get rid of IP-based ACLs in the first place. What's next -- specific
private network (RFC 1918) IP-addresses to express entitlements?

So obviously we'd prefer to avoid all this by federating with the
service provider. Any info on attempts or success stories referring to
samlification of Lexis Nexis appreciated (or if there's another forum
for this).
-peter