Refeds

Subject Re: Shibboleth and HighWire Press
From "Diego R. Lopez" <diego.lopez@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 4 Sep 2009 01:04:19 +0200

Hi,

On 3 Sep 2009, at 11:35, Olivier Salaün wrote:
We are currently in contact with Royal Society <http://royalsociety.org/ > that wishes to join our federation. Their resources are accessible through the HighWire Press platform <http://royalsociety.org/> that seems to host many scientific publishers. It seems that HighWire Press infrastructure is already Shibboleth-enabled but it seems that they wait until they get more demand before opening the Shibboleth access.

I was told that HighWire provides a Shibbolized access to the UK federation ; is this true? (I could not find the Shibboleth login on the HighWire web server) If so, did they register as HighWire or did each publisher providing the content had to register? If HighWire registered to the UK federation, how hard was that to make them open the Shibbolized access?
Any other countries in contact with "Royal Society" or "HighWire"?

We have been in contact with them and have got the same reply: they are currently accepting Shibboleth access for the UKAMF. I think that multiple requirements from different NRENs would certainly help, so we are open and willing to participate
into any initiative you think the REFEDS community could start.

Be goode,

Dr Diego R. Lopez

Red.es - RedIRIS
The Spanish NREN