Refeds

Subject RE: ePTID comparison (eduPersonAffiliation)
From "Andrew Cormack" <Andrew.Cormack@xxxxxx>
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:48:41 +0100

Ingrid
Thanks for that. But you're not quite agreeing with HAKA, because they
allow for both Faculty and Staff to *not* be Employee. In other words
they don't treat them as subsets.

The conclusion I am going to document is that Member, Student, Faculty,
Affiliate, Alum and Walk-in-user are more or less safe (modulo different
countries' legal definitions), but that Employee and Staff aren't. It
only seems to be us that are out of step on Staff but SWITCH and RENATER
are also anomalous on Employee in that they don't use it at all. I'll
reference as many federations' documents as I can, so please keep adding
to my list.

I'll also try to document the usage of each term (and the variants where
they exist), based on the discussion here and the existing documents,
and if we can agree that those are clear then I'd be happy for anyone
else to use them.

Cheers

Andrew Cormack, Chief Regulatory Adviser
JANET(UK), Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Science and Innovation
Campus, Didcot, OX11 0SG, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1235 822302
Fax: +44 (0) 1235 822399

JANET, the UK's education and research network