Refeds

Subject Re: ePTID comparison
From "David L. Wasley" <dlwasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:48:47 -0700

Andrew,  I think what you are describing is eduPersonAffiliation, not epTID.

Clearly the eP spec is U.S. centric (sorry about that) and we didn't consider a hierarchy when defining that object. In our institutions and student may also be an employee. Faculty is a partially overlapping set with employee (some teachers are not paid employees) and/or student (some teachers are grad students) so the distinction is more along the lines of 'functional role' than any sort of hierarchy.

"Member" is a derived value and can mean different things at different campuses. In general, it is someone who is considered eligible for campus funded services.

Perhaps we need qualifiers (adjectives) on these values.

	David

-----