Refeds

Subject Re: JISC Publisher Interface Study
From Thomas Lenggenhager <lenggenhager@xxxxxxxxx>
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:46:11 +0200

This great report recommends to create a brand.

I am very much in favor of this, it is still early enough to introduce a common brand!

In addition, the report already includes some thoughts about a possible name. The one I prefer most is eduID.

On the one hand eduID is similar to OpenID, on the other hand it does not include the English term 'login'. I guess that in an international multi-language environment eduID is better accepted than eduLogin or eduAccess, since eduID is less focused on English language.

So my suggestion. If you did not already, check whether the eduID domain name is still available in your country, do it now and reserve it.

I initiated it for .ch as soon as I heard from Milan that the Czech federation is named eduID...

Thomas

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities