Refeds

Subject RE: Knowledge base for SAML2 product interoperability?
From "Scott Cantor" <cantor.2@xxxxxxx>
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:32:11 -0400

> Does anyone know if someone maintains a knowledge base for
interoperability
> of SAML2 products, especially those interesting for higher education?

With concerns over embarassing vendors, it may be best to stay away from
some of the more obvious places for that (saml.xml.org, something at
Liberty/Kantara). I don't personally have any qualms about spaces being used
for that kind of information. If you want a dedicated space for it, that's
probably doable, but the SHIB2 space is fine too.

> We just tested Geneva Server beta 1 with Shibboleth 2.x SP, it works well
> except that Geneva provides attribute names
> <Attribute Name="urn:oid:2.5.4.3">
> and Shibboleth SP expects by default
> <saml:Attribute Name="urn:oid:2.5.4.3"
> NameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:attrname-format:uri">

Please make sure you file that as a bug with Microsoft. That's a serious
issue.

-- Scott