Refeds

Subject Re: How to join the refeds wiki
From Peter Schober <peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:48:31 +0100

* Ian Young <ian@xxxxxxxxxx> [2009-03-12 22:18]:
>> Shib 1.3 IdPs will send their default attribute name format (over
>> SAML1.1),
>
> Not given the current metadata.  Given the current metadata, they won't
> be able to communicate with this SP at all because there are no SAML 1
> endpoints.

The software currently is only configured as SAML2 SP as can be seen
at https://refeds.terena.org/simplesaml/ (my only source of knowledge
about that instance), which is just a config setting away (implied by
the three other "roles" currently in red). So please add "if
configured correctly" to any of my sentences implying SAML1.1.

I guess the people setting this up didn't expected this outcry and all
this might just be the default values for the installation. So by all
means suggest a config change instead of implying that this service is
somehow fundamentally agains BCPs, interop profiles, etc.pp.

> I don't know.  The only documentation I have available to me (on the
> wiki and in the metadata) isn't consistent with what you're saying.
> I'd be delighted to find that this was simply a documentation
> problem, of course.

Again, all I'm saying is that all of this is easily resolved (by
changing wordings and turning a config knob or two)

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained
by... default values" :)

cheers,
-peter

--
peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx - vienna university computer center
Universitaetsstrasse 7, A-1010 Wien, Austria/Europe