Refeds

Subject Re: How to join the refeds wiki
From Ian Young <ian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:18:28 +0000

On 12 Mar 2009, at 19:48, Peter Schober wrote:

Note that it says "provide its SAML2 metadata", which does not imply
the use of SAML2 bindings or profiles.

I had read that statement to be requesting metadata for SAML 2 bindings, yes. One reason I read it that way was because elsewhere on the page it is explicitly *not* requesting metadata in SAML 2 *format*, but in simpleSAMLphp's own (PHP array) format. So I felt that any reference to SAML 2 had to be about bindings or profiles, what else is there?

But in any case, the metadata for the SP that you pointed out to me yesterday contains only SAML 2 bindings.

Given this, I think it's reasonable that Bob and I both separately concluded that this is a SAML 2 only entity.

Shib 1.3 IdPs will send their default attribute name format (over
SAML1.1),

Not given the current metadata. Given the current metadata, they won't be able to communicate with this SP at all because there are no SAML 1 endpoints.

Or am I still off?

I don't know. The only documentation I have available to me (on the wiki and in the metadata) isn't consistent with what you're saying. I'd be delighted to find that this was simply a documentation problem, of course.

	-- Ian