TERENA 25-year anniversary competition rules
1) Competition entrants must create a short video (maximum 1 minute in length) in which they answer the competition question: "How will the Internet change people's lives in the next 25 years?". Videos should have a file size of 200 MB or smaller.
2) No more than three entries may be submitted by any individual. The entrant must use the same email address to upload all submissions throughout the contest period.
3) All submitted video entries must be narrated and / or captioned in English, or must be understandable in any language (e.g. using mime or other non-verbal communication).
4) The entrant must complete the online submission form, including name, email address, contact telephone number and submit it within the stipulated competition period.
5) Each video entry must be uploaded online via TERENA's website. If the video is not in violation of the contest rules, it will be placed on the TERENA YouTube site by TERENA.
6) Submissions will be accepted from 13.00 CET on 4 April until 12.00 CET on 18 May 2011.
7) Entrants whose videos are shortlisted will be asked for and must provide the video file to the TERENA Secretariat within a specified time period.
8) The copyright of all videos entered in the competition will be owned by their creators, who must also ensure that the use of any separately copyrighted contents - such as company names or logos, songs or music written and performed by other people, video extracts etc. - has the written permission of the copyright holder. TERENA reserves the right to use all or part of submitted videos or associated details such as entrants' names for legitimate business and promotional purposes without first consulting the copyright holder.
9) Contents of submitted videos cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic. Content cannot be obscene or offensive or endorse any form of hate.
10) All submitted videos will be judged according to their popularity, as voted upon online by the research and education networking community, as well as their content in terms of originality, foresight, and creativity. The winner will be selected by a judging panel consisting of TERENA Secretariat staff and the TERENA president, who will have the casting vote.
11) The winning entry will be announced during the closing plenary session of the TERENA Networking Conference in Prague, Czech Republic, on Thursday 19 May 2011. Attendance at the conference is not required in order to enter the competition. If the winner is not in attendance at the conference, he or she will be notified by email within one week of the announcement being made, and will receive the prize by registered post or courier within two months.
12) The person whose video is selected as the winner will receive an iPad as the prize, providing that they have complied with all the competition rules. If this person is found to have failed to comply with all the rules, their entry will be disqualified and a runner-up will be selected instead.
13) One prize only will be awarded. No cash alternative can be substituted.
14) No purchase is necessary to participate in this competition.
15) No current employees of the TERENA Secretariat may enter this competition. Anybody else with access to the Internet is welcome to enter, with no restriction on their geographical location or affiliation.
This competition is run by the secretariat of TERENA (Trans-European Research and Education Networking Association) as part of its 25 year anniversary celebrations.
Please direct all contest-related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Singel 468 D
Amsterdam, 1017 AW
Back to contest page.