TF-MSP meeting 27-28 November 2014
The November 2014 meeting of TF-MSP is focussed on: Service Maps; Distributed Denial of Service; Two Factor Authentication; Joint Community Procurement and Service Sharing Issues. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the topics being presented and reach some conclusions on what collaborative actions the community can take. The meeting is being hosted by the University of Malta in Valletta, Malta.
The minutes of the 27/28 November TF-MSP meeting have been prepared by Magda Haver.
- Meeting Venue: University of Malta, Valletta Campus, Old University Building, St Paul Str, Valletta, Malta.
- History of the University
- Information on Hotels, Airport Transfers and some Interesting Places in Malta
- Registration is CLOSED
We are very pleased to announce that the dinner on the evening on Thursday 27 November is sponsored by the Malta Internet Foundation.
Thursday 27 November 13:00 - 17:00
- 13:00-13:30 Light lunch
- Welcome and Introductions
- Robert Sultana, University of Malta and Martin Bech, DeIC
- Service Maps
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
- Approaches to DDoS mitigation for GÉANT, Wayne Routly, GÉANT Association
- DDoS mitigation- existing solution and future plans, Yannis Mitsos, GRNET
- Overview of DDoS Mitigation Service, Walter van Dijk, SURFnet
- Approaches to DDoS mitigation, Lars Fischer, NORDUnet
- Discussion of NRENs priorities for deal with DDoS
- Two Factor Authentication
- 19:15 Sightseeing walk in Valletta; meeting point in front of Auberge de Castille
- 20:00 Dinner (sponsored by the Malta Internet Foundation); Nenu the Artisan Baker, 143 St Dominic Street
Friday 28 November 09:30 - 13:00
- Joint Community Procurement and Service Sharing Issues
- Introduction - Robert Sultana, University of Malta
- JANET v-scene as a case study of service sharing between NRENs - Mark Tysom, JANET
- TCS Procurement at GÉANT Association, Amsterdam - Nicole Harris, GÉANT Association (via VC)
- Open Cloud Mesh (Christian Schmitz (via VC)
- SURFCloud Strategy, Walter van Dijk, SURFnet
- Latest experiences with joint procurement & service sharing at NORDUnet - Lars Fischer, NORDUnet
- The (im)possibilities of inter-nren trading, Michel Wets - SURFnet
- Brainstorm and Discussion
- Final CEF Report from Capgemini/Deloitte
- The will be a preliminary discussion on whether TF-MSP considers the need for the recommendations and contents of the CEF Report need to be feature in the future work programme of TF-MSP.
- 13:00 Light lunch
Note: The topics of "Open Cloud Mesh" and "SA7 Cloud catalogue" are being held over until the next TF-MSP expected to take place early in 2015.
Please email John Dyer with offers of additional presentations on any of the above, or suggestions for further topics