TF-MSP Management of Service Portfolios IS NOW SIG-MSP
THIS PAGE IS EFFECTIVELY AN ARCHIVE AND IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED.
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THIS GROUP AS A SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP (SIG-MSP) PLEASE VISIT THE SIG-MSP WIKI PAGES.
The purpose of the task force TF-MSP was to promote collaboration between research and education networking organisations in Europe in the area of management of service portfolios.
TF-MSP explores common organisational aspects of finding, developing and introducing new services, supporting them during their production phase and eventual withdrawal. Recently there has been increasing interest in the topic of collective/joint community procurement.
Recent discussions have focused on:
- How best to serve the increasingly growing and disparate users of NREN networks
- Service Maps
- Examples of NREN strategic plans
- Introduction of new services
- Collective/Joint Community Procurement
The deliverables of TF-MSP will provide tools and information to assist NREN managers and NREN staff at all levels to manage their portfolio of services. In particular, TF-MSP will provide a forum in which issues that arise at the boundary between management and technical aspects of service management can be explored.
- Next Meeting of Management of Service Portfolios (MSP)
The members of TF-MSP unanimously agreed that after the expiration of the current task force mandate,
they will request re-chartering of MSP as a Special Interest Group (SIG) in the GÉANT Community Programme.
The first meeting of SIG-MSP took place at ARNES in Slovenia on 7&8 April 2016.
- Martin Bech (DeIC, Denmark)
- Alberto Pérez Gómez (RedIRIS, Spain)
- Harri Kuusisto (CSC/FUNET, Finland)
- John Dyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Running period: March 2008 - March 2017
News & Features
- Posted on 17 February 2015 - 11:33
- Posted on 12 February 2013 - 10:52