Computer security incidents require fast and effective responses from the organisations concerned. Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs) are therefore responsible for receiving and reviewing incident reports, and responding to them as appropriate. TF-CSIRT is a task force that promotes collaboration and coordination between CSIRTs in Europe and neigbouring regions, whilst liaising with relevant organisations at the global level and in other regions.
Goals of the task force
TF-CSIRT provides a forum where members of the CSIRT community can exchange experiences and knowledge in a trusted environment in order to improve cooperation and coordination. It maintains a system for registering and accrediting CSIRTs, as well as certifying service standards.
The task force also develops and provides services for CSIRTs, promotes the use of common standards and procedures for handling security incidents, and coordinates joint initiatives where appropriate. This includes the training of CSIRT staff, and assisting in the establishment and development of new CSIRTs.
The task force further liaises with FIRST, ENISA, other regional CSIRT organisations, as well as defence and law enforcement agencies.
Secretarial support for this task force is provided by TERENA with funding from the GN3 project.
Restructuring the task force
The new structure has been approved. The main changes are as follows:
- Introduction of membership based on existing TI categories.
- Introduction of an elected Chair.
- Transition TI Review Board to TF-CSIRT Steering Committee with enhanced role.
- TF-CSIRT to formally coordinate Trusted Introducer and TRANSITS services.
- Consolidation of ad-hoc procedural documents into new Terms of Reference.
Chair: Baiba Kaskina
Secretary: Nicole Harris, TERENA
Running period: September 2000 - December 2020
News & Features
- Posted on 29 September 2014 - 17:20
- Posted on 17 June 2011 - 15:10
- Posted on 22 November 2005 - 16:04