GN3plus Green networking: Building Competence in Environmental Sustainability
Invitation to participate
TF-MSP and the GN3+ Green Team are jointly organizing a Green ICT workshop for NRENs. ICT can play an important and defining role in the transition to a sustainable society. Not only because the ICT sector has the responsibility to minimize their own Greenhouse Gases emissions, but also because smart use of ICT can help reduce emissions of others.
The GN3+ Green Team is dedicated to show how NRENs can use Green ICT and Sustainability. This workshop is an invitation to all NRENs and other interested parties in the NREN & HE community to participate in discussions and activities.
The workshop is intended primarily for NREN participants, both operational and management, ICT and facilities management personnel in higher education institutions, and for environmental agents and decision-makers.
The purpose of this workshop is to :
- build competency in sustainable work practices.
- demonstrate best practice guidelines to aid business implementation
- provide greater understanding of the impact of energy consumption in lifecycle costing when selecting equipment.
- learn of progress in environmental policy and practice from academic and research institutions
- share experience and strategies with others in the ICT sector
The Green Team will present their latest work through best practices as well as hand participants tools to help start Green ICT activities themselves. The workshop will end with a discussion on how we, the NREN community, can move forward with Green ICT & Sustainability.
For details, you can check the preliminary agenda of the event.
The workshop is held back to back with TF-MSP (16-17) September.
Registraton is now closed for this event. Last chance to register! Few places left!