Research Infrastructure and Collaboration Environments
Aim of the event
Virtual organisations and collaboration environments are being used to support the needs of increasingly distributed research infrastructure groups. With a mix of self-hosted, outsourced, cloud or co-operative federated infrastructure the need for consistent and interoperable interfaces to address the scalability and integration burden of these research infrastructure systems into the institutional environment is of paramount importance.
If you want to align identity, access management, virtual organisation and group management approaches in a range of collaborative applications within research infrastructure environments then you should join your peers at this EuroCAMP.
This discussion-oriented and participant-driven event will focus on developers, implementers and integrators of software, services and frameworks targeting institutional, national and pan-European research infrastructure.
This EuroCAMP is of most interest to both:
- Research Infrastructure support teams looking for solutions to manage identity and group collaboration issues;
- Federation operators and NRENs wanting to enrich the collaboration environments available to their institutional, research and industrial users;
- Developers and Software Architects working with new and emerging federation and research infrastructure solutions.
The desired outcomes include:
- Developing virtual organisation and group management lifecycle requirements for projects, products and frameworks.
- Recognizing opportunities for collaborative solutions.
- Identifying opportunities for extending group management to a range of collaborative and research environments.
- Setting the direction for research infrastructure roadmaps focused on supporting federated access.
- be engaged in solving identity, access, virtual organisation and group management problems important to your environment.
- be prepared to collaborate with peers and leverage their participation in solving similar problems and identifying common integration solutions.
- be prepared to develop requirements, solutions and use cases for areas of continued work.
- examine a range of new and emerging technologies within the federation and research infrastructure space.
- continue to advance the issues identified at this event throughout the coming year.