Brussels, 2 April 2014
Aim of the workshop
The European Commission Information Society and Media DG hosted a AAI workshop to discuss federated access and more in general the vision for a European authentication and authorisation infrastructure to meet the requirements for authentication, authorisation and security for the scientific community.
The workshop, coordinated by TERENA and sponsored by the GÉANT project, was a follow-up of the AAA Study on Supporting Scientific Data and a stakeholders consultation for the Work Programme 2016-2017 of the Horizon2020.
More information on the conclusions and recommendations from the workshop can be found in the workshop report.
The event focused on the following main topics:
- To review the recommendations from the AAA study
- To show cases of existing Identity Federations: how they work, what they support
- To implement the H2020 calls
- To consult stakeholders on future steps
- To coordinate with different EC-funded initiatives