Payment procedure TERENA Membership fees
GA(96)002v3, May 1996, MGD
- Membership invoices for year X will be issued during November of the year X-1. The amounts to be
invoiced are decided during the Autumn meeting of the General Assembly.
- Members who pay their dues during the year X-1 will be allowed to subtract from their fee a 2% early
- Members are expected to pay within the first four months of the year X.
- Reminders of outstanding membership fees will be sent out starting mid May of the year X, and this
process will be repeated every three months. Every reminder will incur an additional charge of 65 ECU.
- Late payment charges will be levied at the rate of 1% per month on the outstanding amount of the
membership fee, starting in May of the year X and lasting until the moment the membership fee is paid
in full. In the case a payment arrives before the 15th of the month, no late payment charge will be
imposed related to that month. In the case a payment arrives on the 15th or later, late payment will be
subjected to the 1% charge for that month.
- The accumulated additional costs and charges (65 ECU per reminder and a 1% charge of the
outstanding amount per month) will be added to the membership fee invoice of the year X+1.
- In the case of nonpayment of TERENA membership fees during two years, Article 9.1.c. of the
TERENA statutes will be invoked. The General Assembly, in their Annual (May) meeting, will decide
about termination of this membership.
Approved during the 5th meeting of the TERENA General Assembly, Budapest, 16/17 May 1996.
Effective per the invoicing of membership fees for 1997.