TF-MSP Document Store - Connecting Europe Facility - CEF
CEF Contracts Awarded
- 20 December 2012
Study of the readiness of Member States for a common pan-European network infrastructure for public services - SMART 2012/0048The contract for the readiness study was awarded to Capgemini Nederland, representing a consortium of Capgemini and Deloitte Belgium. The contract (Contract No: 30-CE-0528051/00-84) is being managed by DG-CNECT Unit C01. The inception meeting for the project took place in Brussels on Tuesday 22 January 2013.
- 31 August 2012
Benchmarking of Budget and Capabilities for the deployment and operation of Digital Services Infrastructures - SMART 2012/0058
In the framework of the Connecting Europe Facility initiative, EU Digital Services Infrastructures (DSIs) will be deployed and operated for delivering cross borders eServices to support the EU Digital single market. Learning from and comparing similar initiatives all around the world through benchmarking activities will bring comparative, coherent and realistic figures. The study will deliver a report showing in practical terms what are the costs and the main needs and requirements for the setting up an entity responsible for running the services. Contract signed with Gartner Belgium BVBA on 24/8/2012 under the DIGIT Framework Contract Nr DI-06690 "Information and Communication Technology Advice, Benchmarking and Consulting Services (ABCII)" - Lot 1.
CEF Study Call Issued - Deadline for submission 4 July 2012
The DG INFSO Unit F3 has announced an invitation to tender for a STUDY ON "Study of the readiness of Member States for a common pan-european network infrastructure for public services" - SMART 2012/0048.
The tender specification explicity mentions that "GÉANT and the National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) could be leveraged in order to achieve economies of scale and create synergies".
The European NREN community have agreed that TERENA will be the single point of contact for all consultancies wishing to collaborate with the European NRENs in submitting a tender in response to this call.
The relevant tender documents issued by DG INFSO are:
- Service contract - Contract notice - Open procedure
- Invitation to Tender
- Tender Specification
- Model Service Contract
Business and Technology Strategist
Email: John Dyer, CEF Coordinator, TERENA
Phone: +31 622410928
Documents and other material
- Commission staff working document on the implementation of national broadband plans. The Commission have recently published a number of documents on their national broadband plans via the newsroom website. They provide interesting background reading.
- President José Manuel Barroso page on the Connecting Europe Facility "Connecting Europe Facility and the Project Bond Initiative are a perfect demonstration of the value added that Europe can provide."
- Notes on the presentation of CEF to TF-MSP on 7 February 2012
On 7 February 2012 Jean-Luc Dorel, Unit F3, DG-INFSO gave a presentation on the Connecting Europe Facility proposal to a meeting of TF-MSP. These notes of the presentation and discussion were made by John Dyer, secretary of TF-MSP.
- Prior notice of call for study on national preparedness for CEF
This link points to a December edition of the tenders electronic daily that giving a prior notice of a forthcoming call for the study. It is expected that the call will be launched in spring 2012 with a contract being awarded by summer 2012. Work should be complete by summer 2013. The text of the prior notice appears at the bottom of the page.
- Presentation from Kostas Glinos to TERENA GA - 26 October 2011
This presentation contains details of the funding and timescales for the project should the proposal be accepted.
COM(2011)665 - Proposal for a REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
establishing the Connecting Europe Facility
This 135 page document provides a common legalistaive basis for a single EC programme to cover pan-European connectivity in the areas of: Transport; Energy and Telecommunications. In the past each of these topics has been covered individually.
- COM(2011)657/3 - Proposal for a REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on guidelines for trans European telecommunications networks and repealing Decision No 1336/97/EC
Page maintained by John Dyer, TERENA